More than 80 percent of consumers do research online before making a purchase, even if they end up buying the item in person. That means if you’re not actively marketing your products and services on the web, you’re losing ground to your competitors. Digital marketing makes your message available to consumers 24/7 and can not only offer basic logical information, like your hours and location, but can also help build your brand and increase customer loyalty.
What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing is a broad term that covers a variety of marketing avenues. Basically, if it has to do with a mobile device or the internet, it falls under the category of digital marketing. Digital marketing tools include…
- Social media marketing — Are you making the most of your social media pages? Do you post regularly?
- Website development and blogging — Your website is your digital storefront. Are you making the most of your site? Is it sending a marketing message that’s consistent with your brand?
- Content marketing — Writing good, consistent articles about topics that consumers are interested in about your industry can help, over time, establish you as an expert. That means consumers will automatically turn to you when they need one of your products or services.
- Mobile apps — Your own mobile app lets you interact with your customers 24/7 right on their smartphone. You can feature weekly or daily specials, highlight new products or send them special VIP offers. A mobile app is a great way to cement your brand message and increase customer loyalty.
- Pay per click advertising — Programs like Google Ads and Bing Ads can increase your marketing reach and send new customers to your website and to your store. These programs work by placing your ads on other websites, in front of people who match your target demographics and/or who have demonstrated an interest in your type of product or service.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) — SEO is the art and science of getting your website to rank well in Google and Bing searches. Since most buyers choose from among the first 10 results, getting your website to rank well is essential to a good internet presence.
Advantages of digital marketing
There are many advantages to beefing up your digital marketing efforts. Just a few of these include…
1. It’s affordable. Digital marketing is much more affordable than traditional print and media advertising. Many tools, such as social media marketing and content marketing, have no basic cost, just the time and effort necessary to create and maintain your campaigns.
2. Results are measurable. One of the best things about digital marketing is the amount of data available to help you evaluate your campaigns. You can easily see what’s working and what needs to be changed.
3. You can target specific groups of customers. Unlike print and media advertising, where you send the same message to thousands of readers/listeners and hope that you reach the ones who are interested in your products, digital marketing allows you to tailor your marketing message to specific demographic groups.
To learn more about how digital marketing can increase your bottom line, contact Kick Digital Media today. We’ve been helping businesses like yours harness the power of digital marketing for more than a decade.